To develop advanced theory, algorithms and numerically efficient codes to explain various properties, structure and behavior of materials.
Recent interests involve :
- Structural, Magnetic and Quantum Phase Transition in Intermetallics.
- Understanding exotic phases of Superconductors and Topological Insulators.
- Eect of variable relaxation time on thermoelectric properties of materials
- Electronic and Optical properties of solar harvesting materials
Electronic Structure and Thermodynamics of Alloys :
- Transition metals, Binary and Ternary Alloys.
- Long-range, Partial and Short-Range Ordering in Alloys.
Vibrational properties of intermetallic and disordered materials :
- Phonon dispersion, vibrational entropy, short-range ordering.
Response functions in materials with defects :
- Electrical conductivity, Electronic and Lattice thermal conductivity
1. Vikram, Jiban Kangsabanik, Enamullah and Aftab Alam*
Bismuth based Half Heusler Alloys with giant thermoelectric figure of merit
2. Akash Kumar, K. R. Balasubramaniam, Jiban Kangsabanik, Vikram, and Aftab Alam*
Crystal structure, stability and optoelectronic properties of the organic-inorganic wide-band-gap perovskite CH3NH3BaI3: Candidate for transparent conductor applications
3. Lakhan Bainsla, A. I. Mallick, Aftab Alam, K. G. Suresh et al.
Origin of spin gapless semiconductor behavior in CoFeCrGa : Theory and Experiment
4. R K Chouhan, Aftab Alam*, S Ghosh and A Mookerjee
Interplay of force constants in the lattice dynamics of disordered alloys: An ab-initio study
5. Aftab Alam, M Khan, R W McCallum and D. D. Johnson
Site-preference and valency for rare-earth sites in (R-Ce)2Fe14B magnets
6. M G Kim, Aftab Alam et al.,
7. Aftab Alam and D D Johnson
Chemically Mediated Quantum criticality in NbFe2