Himadri Shekhar Dhar
+91 22 2576 7570
- Quantum information, entanglement and resource theories: Entanglement and quantum correlations in quantum optics and many-body systems. Mathematical perspective of entanglement and other resource theories.
- Quantum optics, cavity QED and hybrid quantum systems: Theoretical and computational study of the interaction of light with matter in phenomena ranging from photon condensation to hybrid systems in quantum technology.
- Complex quantum dynamics: Study the dynamics of both conservative and open systems in cavity QED and many-body physics using computational tools such as tensor networks methods and quantum trajectories.
- Optimal control theory, state engineering and machine learning: Developing optimal control models to design quantum devices and use of machine learning algorithms to engineer these systems.
- Quantum resources in biological systems: The role of quantum correlations and dissipation in understanding transfer of excitations in biological processes.
- Joao D. Rodrigues, Himadri S. Dhar, Benjamin T. Walker, Jason M. Smith, Rupert F. Oulton, Florian Mintert and Robert A. Nyman, Learning the Fuzzy Phases of Small Photonic Condensates, Phys. Rev. Lett. 126, 150602 (2021).
- Benjamin T. Walker, Joao D. Rodrigues, Himadri S. Dhar, Rupert F. Oulton, Florian Mintert and Robert A. Nyman, Nonstationary correlation in formation jitter of photonic condensates, Nature Communications 11, 1390 (2020).
- Benjamin T. Walker, Henry J. Hesten, Himadri S. Dhar, Robert A. Nyman, and Florian Mintert, Noncritical slowing down of photonic condensation, Phys. Rev. Lett. 123, 203602 (2019).
- Himadri Shekhar Dhar, Matthias Zens, Dmitry O. Krimer, and Stefan Rotter, Variational Renormalization Group for Dissipative Spin-Cavity Systems: Periodic Pulses of Nonclassical Photons from Mesoscopic Spin Ensembles, Phys. Rev. Lett. 121, 133601 (2018).
- Sudipto Singha Roy, Himadri Shekhar Dhar, Debraj Rakshit, Aditi Sen(De) and Ujjwal Sen, Analytical recursive method to ascertain multisite entanglement in doped quantum spin ladders, Phys. Rev. B 96, 075143 (2017).
- Alexander Streltsov, Uttam Singh, Himadri Shekhar Dhar, Manabendra Nath Bera, and Gerardo Adesso, Measuring Quantum Coherence with Entanglement, Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 020403 (2015). Highlighted in Phys.org as “Physicists find quantum coherence and quantum entanglement are two sides of the same coin”, and Nature India titled “New research to aid quantum computing, teleportation”.
- Uttam Singh, Manabendra Nath Bera, Himadri Shekhar Dhar, and Arun Kumar Pati, Maximally coherent mixed states: Complementarity between maximal coherence and mixedness, Phys. Rev. A 91, 052115 (2015).
- Himadri Shekhar Dhar, Aditi Sen(De), and Ujjwal Sen, Characterizing genuine multisite entanglement in isotropic spin lattices, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 070501 (2013).
- Himadri Shekhar Dhar, Aditi Sen(De), and Ujjwal Sen, Density matrix recursion method: Genuine multisite entanglement distinguishes odd from even quantum Heisenberg ladders, New J. Phys. 15, 013043 (2013). Selected by the editors of New Journal of Physics in the exclusive ‘Highlights of 2013’ collection. Papers were chosen on the basis of referee endorsement, novelty, scientific impact and broadness.
- Himadri Shekhar Dhar, Rupamanjari Ghosh, Aditi Sen(De), and Ujjwal Sen, Quantum discord surge heralds entanglement revival in an infinite spin chain, EPL 98, 30013 (2012).