Dynamic processes in the Cell (cell division, sporulation, endo- and exocyosis).
Membrane mechanics (tubulation, colloidal membrane).
Statistical physics of biopolymers, nemetic liquid crysals
Nonequilibrium Statistical Physics:
Grain dynamics in driven polycrystals (pressure, shear): MD & Phase field simulations.
Current PhD Students:
Current Postdoc: Sk Ashif Akram
Former PhD Students:
Biplab Ghosh (Scientist - RRCAT Indore)
Santidan Biswas (Postdoc, Univ. of Pittsburgh USA)
Surya Ghosh (Assistant Prof. NIIT Warangal)
Kulveer Singh (Postdoc, Bar Ilan, Israel)
Gaurav Kumar (Postdoc, IISc Bangalore-MBU)
Tanmoy Sarkar (Postdoc, Ben Gurion, Israel)
Vidya Menon (In transition)
Arabinda Behera (Postdoc, Univ. of California San Diego)
- Temperature-dependent Self assembly of biofilaments during red blood cell sickling, A. Behera, O. Sharma, D. Paul, and A. Sain, J. Chem. Phys. (in press) (2022); https://doi.org/10.1063/5.0091690
- Dynamic surface patterns on cells, Mainak Chatterjee and A. Sain. J. Chem. Phys, 156, 084117 (2022).
- Dynamics and stability of the contractile actomyosin ring in the cell, M. Chatterjee, A. Chatterjee, A. Nandi, and A. Sain, Phys. Rev. Lett. 128, 068102 (2022).
- Deformation of membrane vesicles due to chiral surface proteins, A, Behera, G. Kumar, Sk. Ashif Akram, and A. Sain, Soft Matter, 17, 7953 (2021).
- Cytoplasmic streaming in C. elegans: Forces that drive oogenesis, Vidya V. Menon, M.M. Inamdar and A.Sain, Euro. Phys. Lett. 135, 24003 (2021).
- Chiral molecules on curved Colloidal membrane, Sk. Ashif Akram, A. Behera, P. Sharma and A. Sain, Soft Matter, 16, 10310 (2020).
- Poiseuille flow of soft polycrystals in 2D rough channels, Tanmoy Sarkar, P. Chaudhuri and A. Sain, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124, 158003 (2020).
- Non-Gaussian subdiffusion of single-molecule tracers in a hydrated polymer network, R.K.Singh, J. Mahato, A. Chowdhury, A. Sain, and A. Nandi, J. Chem. Phys. 152, 024903 (2020).
- Confined filaments in soft vesicles - case of sickle red blood cells, Arabinda Behera, G. Kumar and A. Sain, Soft Matter, 16, 421 (2020).
- Tubulation pattern of membrane vesicles coated with bio-filaments, G. Kumar, N. Ramakrishnan, and A. Sain, PRE. 99, 022414 (2019).
- Grain size distribution in sheared polycrystals, T. Sarkar, Santidan Biswas, P. Chaudhuri and A. Sain, PRM. 1, 070601 (R) (2017).
- Asymmetric flows in the intercellular membrane during cytokinesis. V.V. Menon, S.S. Soumya, A. Agarwal, S.R. Naganathan, M.M. Inamdar and A. Sain, Biophys. Jl. , 113, 2787 (2017).
- Curvature Instability of Chiral Colloidal Membranes on Crystallization, Lachit Saikia, Tanmoy Sarkar, Meera Thomas, V. A. Raghunathan, Anirban Sain, and Prerna Sharma, Nat. Commun. 8, 1160 (2017).
- Shape transitions during clathrin induced endocytosis, Gaurav Kumar and Anirban Sain, Phys. Rev. E. 94, 062404 (2016).
- Dynamic force balances and cell shape changes during cytokinesis, Anirban Sain, Mandar M. Inamdar and Frank Julicher Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 048102 (2015).
- How helix-coil transition influences translocation of a single stranded DNA and kinetics of its fluctuation inside the channel, Kulveer Singh and Anirban Sain, Euro. Phys. Lett. 104, 18007 (2013) (Editors Choice).
- Micromechanics of emergent patterns in plastic flows, Santidan Biswas, Martin Grant, Indradev Samajdar, Arunanshu Haldar and Anirban Sain, Sci. Rep. 3, 2728 (2013).
- Plasticization of Poly(vinylpyrrolidone) Thin Films under Ambient Humidity: Insight from Single-Molecule Tracer Diffusion Dynamics, S. Bhattacharya, D.K. Sharma, S. Saurabh, S. De, A. Sain, A. Nandi and A. Chowdhury, J. Phys. Chem. B 117, 7771 (2013).
- Stretching force dependent transitions in single stranded DNA, Kulveer Singh, Surya Kanta Ghosh, Sanjay Kumar and Anirban Sain, Euro. Phys. Lett., 100, 68004 (2012).
- From chemosensing in bacteria to practical biosensors,Surya K. Ghosh, Tapanendu Kundu and Anirban Sain, Phys. Rev. E., 86,051910 (2012).
- Stuttering Min oscillations within Escherichia coli bacteria: a stochastic polymerization model, Supratim Sengupta, Julien Derr, Anirban Sain and Andrew D Rutenberg, Phys. Biol., 9, (2012) 056003, (2012).
- High electron mobility through the edge states in random networks of c-axis oriented wedge- shaped GaN nanowalls grown by molecular beam epitaxy, H. P. Bhasker, S. Dhar, A. Sain, M. Kesaria, and S. M. Shivaprasad, - Appl. Phys. Lett, 101, 132109 (2012).
- Force generation in bacteria without nucleotide-dependent bending of cytoskeletal filaments. - Biplab Ghosh and Anirban Sain, Phys. Rev. E., 83, 051924 (2011).
- Coarsening in polycrystalline material using Quaternions. - Santidan Biswas, Indradev Samajdar, Arunansu Haldar and Anirban Sain, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter, 23,072202 (2011) (Fast track comm.) (included in IOP SELECT).
- Effect of hydrodynamic interaction on polymeric tethers.- Suman G. Das, Dimitri Pescia, Mithun Biswas and Anirban Sain, Phys. Rev. E 82, 041910 (2010). (selected for the October 15, 2010 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research); highlighted by Nature-India.
- Effect of Intrinsic Curvature on Semiflexible Polymers. -Surya K. Ghosh, Kulveer Singh and Anirban Sain, Phys.Rev.E 80, 051904 (2009). (selected for the Nov 15th, 2009 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research).
- Predicting the coherence resonance curve using a semianalytic treatment. - Santidan Biswas, Dibyendu Das, Punit Parmananda and Anirban Sain, Phys.Rev.E 80, 046220 (2009).
- Self-organization of the MinE protein ring in subcellular Min oscillations. -Julien Derr, Jason T. Hopper, Anirban Sain, and Andrew D. Rutenberg, Phys.Rev.E 80, 011922 (2009). (selected for the Aug 1st, 2009 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research)
- Origin of contractile force during cell division of bacteria. -Biplab Ghosh and Anirban Sain, Phys. Rev. Lett., 101, 178101 (2008); highlighted by Nature-India . (selected for the Nov 1st, 2008 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research)
- Effect of hydrodynamic interaction on partially stretched polymers.- Anirban Sain, Phys.Rev.E, 77, 061603 (2008). (selected for the July 1st, 2008 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research).
- Microscopic strain distribution profile in a 1-D chain during rupture - a many body Kramers calculation. -Anirban Sain, Cristiano Dias, and Martin Grant, Phys.Rev.E, 74, 046111 (2006). (selected for the Nov 1st, 2006 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research).
- Review of Resistance to Hydriding in Zirconium - An Emerging Possibility - K.V. Mani Krishna, A. Sain, I. Samajdar, G.K. Dey, D. Srivastava, S. Neogi, R. Tiwari and S. Banerjee, Acta Materialia, 54, 4665(2006).
- Effect of base stacking interaction in heterogeneous single stranded DNA. - Anirban Sain, Bae-Yeun Ha, and Jeff.Z.Y. Chen, Physica-A, 369,679, (2006).
- Phase ordering kinetics of a binary fluid mixture in the inertia dominated regime.- Anirban Sain, and Martin Grant, Phys. Rev. Lett., 95, 255702 (2005).
- Chain persistency in single stranded DNA - effect of stacking interactions. - Anirban Sain, Bae-Yeun Ha, Heng-Kwong Tsao and Jeff.Z.Y. Chen , Phys. Rev. E, 69, 061913, (2004).
- The Influence of tether dynamics on forced Kramers escape from a kinetic trap. - Anirban Sain and Michael Wortis, Phys. Rev. E, 70, 031102, (2004). (selected for the September 15, 2004 issue of Virtual Journal of Biological Physics Research).
- Langevin equation for the motion of a Brownian particle in an ideal gas environment, Rangan Lahiri, Arvind and Anirban Sain, Pramana: J. Phys., 62, 1015 (2004).
- Counterion distribution and charge-fluctuation-interactions between like-charged fluid membranes, Anirban Sain and Bae-Yeun Ha, Physica A 320, 67 (2003).
- Multiscaling in the Randomly Forced and Conventional Navier-Stokes Equations, Anirban Sain and Rahul Pandit, Physica A 270, 190 (1999).
- Large momentum expansions in fluid turbulence, J. K. Bhattacharjee and Anirban Sain, Physica A 270, 165 (1999).
- Extended self-similarity and dissipation range dynamics of three-dimensional turbulence, Anirban Sain and J. K. Bhattacharjee, Phys. Rev. E 60, 571 (1999).
- Multiscaling in randomly stirred fluid model for turbulence, Anirban Sain, Manu and Rahul Pandit, Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 4377 (1998).
- Multiscaling in models of Magnetohydrodynamic turbulence, Abhik Basu, Anirban Sain, Sujan K.Dhar and Rahul Pandit, Phys. Rev. Lett. 81, 2687 (1998).
- Inertial and dissipation range assymptotics in fluid turbulence, Sujan Dhar, Anirban Sain and Rahul Pandit, Phys. Rev. Lett. 78, 2964 (1997).
- Some recent advances in the theory of homogeneous and isotropic fluid turbulence, Sujan K.Dhar, Anirban Sain, Ashwin Pande, and Rahul Pandit, Pramana: J. Phys. (Special issue on Nonlinearity and Chaos in Physical Sciences), 48, 325 (1997).
- Scaling of resistance in the 2-dimensional Anderson Tight Binding model of disordered systems-2, Anirban Sain and Abhijit Mookerjee, Mod. Phys. Lett. B 8 195(1994).